Saturday, July 18, 2015

Other summer goals

I'm the type of person that always has several things going on at once.  I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not, but it's just the way I am.

Now that we're back from traveling, it's time to get back into the swing of things. Currently, I am working on this blog, working on a Master's class (only three left!), participating in a professional book club about teaching, trying to keep up with and tweet about my summer reading challenge (which I do each year as a way of encouraging my fifth graders to read), decluttering and working on my office, and working on several other house-related goals.

 Some of those goals include polishing off the laundry room re-do (pictures to come soon), working on the kids' rooms, and finishing the Movie Room (aka. the man cave, except that the rest of us take it over), as well as redecorating our guest bathroom, master bedroom, and maybe even our master bath (and maybe not, bit of an overachiever here).

Today I thought I would talk about the guest bathroom.  Before we moved in, it looked like this.


I guess I never took a picture of it after we moved in.  We went with a beach theme.  We hung a white shower curtain with blue squares that we've had forever, along with the matching towels and rug.  We hung some frames with pictures of shells in them and a few other beach themed accessories. Was it bad?  No.  Was it great?  No.

Then we started the remodel on the movie room, which happens to be right next to the bathroom. The movie room has dark, garnet paint. It has dark molding.  The look is dramatic.  And that bathroom, not so dramatic.  Total mismatch.  So we decided to redo it.

After hunting online, I ordered these shower curtains.  We chose a paint to go with the color scheme and picked it up the Saturday before we went out of town.  Now, we just need to get it all put together, so it can go from this... (ahhh, scary!)



to something much, much better and hopefully before company arrives at the beginning of August. Watch for updates and the final unveiling to come.

On a side note, I order a lot of items online.  If you have never heard of Ebates.com, you should check into it.  You get cash back when you shop online at certain stores.  While the cash back varies, it's still money back on something you are buying anyway.  Click here to sign up or for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment